© 2019 MWrightdesigns

Making Wheel Rush

December 1, 2017

After receiving client feedback I delegated roles and responsibilities to my team mates as team leader. 

 

Me - Creating Screen Visuals and Prototyping 

 

Nico - Creating Ux & Ui 

 

Toby - StoryBoard, Research and Logo (campaign video)

 

Sophie - Deck presentation, Research, visuals and Hand outs  

 

We all worked on creating a better name for the challenge as the client did not like the original name as it sounded to them like a phrase which would be said in a pub. We did not understand this comment however, we found that if the client doesn't like it we have to change it.

 

I felt that we spent too long on the rename. We tried brainstorming to come up with suggestions and after a couple of attempts we came up with Wheel Rush. Originally the client did not want us to put Rush in the name as did not want us to 'step on the toes' of pre existing Rush events. they changed their mind on multiple occasions which was hard to then decipher what they really wanted us to do and create.

 

From this project I have learnt how to use a new software to help prototype apps and websites. (THis will come in handy in future projects) It was pretty simple to use but it created the desired outcome to show the client how people would use the website. 

 

Creating the UX and UI 

 


Me and Nico both worked on the initial designs for Wheel Rush. We tried to use the lay out I originally designed and showed to Shelter in our tissue meeting. As the feedback praised the initial visuals for prototyping. However, issues arose due to type face and layout. I have no experience in designing websites other than my own personal portfolio, so this was a real challenge for me to take on. I tried experimenting with different placements and colours. Nico played around with the initial layout.  

 

 Above is the first experimentation of the web app design. We received feedback from Xavi referring to the boxes. We had too many and the squares needed to squares without rounded corners. We thought this was adding character as it was designed to be both adult and kid friendly. However we realised that we did in fact have too many.  

 

Below you can see the reworked designs. Me and Nico decided to scrap the the previous designs and to start again sketching out rough layouts and user journey. 

  

We took on the feedback and reworked the designs. It was at this point we decided for just one of us to work on the designs as we were struggling to keep the consistency of the designs plus we thought it would be far more effective for us to work on two tasks than one. 

 

 

 

 

I moved the side bar up to the top to help keep the main focus on the bicycle wheels with the bar moving depending on how far the participant was into the challenge. I tried to keep the design clean and stayed with Shelters brand guidelines, including their Typeface and Colour palate. 

 

I then went on to developing the application visuals downsized into phone format.

 

 

 

 

    

  

 

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Elementrix
MANIFEST: 

 

Elementrix was created as MY Advertising blog for my Degree course At ravensbourn university.

 

I hope you will enjoy reading and viewing my work as i take you on my journey of development and design within my digital advertising and design course.

 

I have always believed that to thrive in todays industry you need to bring your personality, sense of creativity but most importantly to be versatile in an ever changing industry !   

 FOLLOW ELEMENTRIX:
  • White Tumblr Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • Vimeo - White Circle
  • White YouTube Icon
 RECENT POSTS: 
Please reload

SEARCH BY TAGS: