I found there were going to be too many illustrations and mixed mediums in the video for me to do all by myself. So I suggested that me and Adila broke the visuals down and made a list of what needed to be made and who would be able to get these down quicker. It was a very efficient way of breaking the workload down and dividing it between a creative team.
Whilst we were making and working on the visuals Charlotte finalised the script and added in where we wanted the VO to have emphasis and pauses. She also found sound effects for me to include in the final construction of the video and putting all the work together.
One of the biggest problems with this project was the number of layers the file had in it. From what I learnt about making sure I had multiple copies of the project, I saved the file before I attempted to pre-compose sections, and thankfully I did as Adobe Aftereffects decided to crash on me. I had to just work with multiple layers in the project as this was the only way around making the video so it would also be editable at a later date. I had 295 layers in total!
Planning provided an efficient schedule and time management plan, allowing the workload to be shared out and a great outcome to be produced. Charlotte found the sound effects and highlighted where they would be in the script. Adila created illustrations and graphics, and I illustrated and animated. This break down meant that we could create a google drive folder to share the graphics with one another and I could essentially piece the puzzle together.
However, I could not start animating until I had the voice over so this gave us time to illustrate all the graphics, so when I had the file it was quick to put everything together into the final video.
I think it was a great decision to pay for a VO because it really made our video appear professional and took it to the next level. This made me realise how easy it would be to make my work that little bit better and something I would take into consideration when I produce future work.